Each structured Trade Finance deal is different from the other as each deal is tailored to meet individual customer needs. The facility is available to businesses that do not have strong balance sheets but have an underlying transaction that is self liquidating. Common structured trade finance deals include:-
This is available to producers who do not have access to balance sheet lending. Pre-requisite is to have all risk insurance and an assignment of proceeds. Producer obtains liquidity by leveraging his inventories well before the goods are sold onto the market
Facility enables the borrower to purchase raw materials for processing, grading, packing and export. There is ready market for such goods.
Structured Pre-shipment Finance
Client receives funds to purchase inputs for the production process. Facility is secured by the receivables accruing based on firm export contracts backed by LC, CAD, and Insurance
Back to Back Letter of Credit
Provided a customer who is a beneficiary of a Letter of Credit (Master LC) and willing to offer the same as security for establishment of another LC (Baby LC) usually in favour of his supplier.
- If there is disbursement of funds interest will be charged applicable interest
- For non-fund based facility applicable rates for LC or guarantees applies.
- Minimum/maximum amount will be based on the underlying transaction.
- Access to financing where no other financing is in place.
- Financing facilities are tuned to the producers production and trade cycle
- Off balance sheet operation / liquidity
- Allows producer to benefit from his track record in a reduced risk environment